Jamaica Urban Transit Company
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
The Jamaica Urban Transit Company (JUTC) has announced operational changes on the following routes:
SPANISH TOWN, St. Catherine - The Jamaica Urban Transit Company Limited (JUTC), has announced operational changes effective Wednesday, April 1, 2020. This is in light of an island-wide curfew from 8 pm to 6 am starting tomorrow, to contain the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The curfew is to last for seven days.
Managing Director of the JUTC Paul Abrahams says the curfew will impact all routes, but more so the premium service which operates outside of Kingston. He says the following measures will be implemented tomorrow in accordance with the curfew:
- The roll-out of buses will start no later than 8 a.m.
- Routes that originate and terminate in Kingston will have a 10-15 minutes headway
- Portmore routes/out of town routes (Longsville, Clarendon, White Water/Inswood, Old Harbour) will have a headway 30 minutes
- Hill routes (Above Rocks and Border) including 52, 53, 54, 61 their last run will be at 4:30 pm
- The last available bus will roll out at 5 pm which will allow for drivers on completion of their cycle trip to return back to the depot to conclude their duties and go back home before the curfew deadline.
We will review these measures where necessary and adjust accordingly as we continue to monitor the situation.